The most striking feature of the Dancing Dolphins Columnea is its cascading stems adorned with vibrant, elongated leaves that resemble leaping dolphins. The leaves have a unique shape, featuring a flared tail and a curved, dolphin-like body.
- It does best with consistent bright, indirect light, but avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Avoid drafts and temperature fluctuations.
- Keep the soil slightly moist but not soggy. Allow 1/4-1/3 of the soil to dry between waterings.
- It does best with moderate humidity.
- Trim the plant as needed to control its size and shape. Pinching back the stems can encourage bushier growth.