Closed terrariums are perfect for humidity-living plants (think ferns, fittonia, ferns, Calathea, polka dot plants, marantas, and begonias). The closed terrarium requires a bit more work than the opened version, but the results can be quite rewarding, If done correctly, it can thrive as a self-sustaining eco-system as it can replicate the process of the water cycle.
The Enclosed Terrarium Kit comes with the following:
- Sealable glass container with easy to remove lid
- Growing medium-*premium terrarium mix
- Rocks for the base (drainage)
- Active carbon (prevents bacterial growth+ deodorizes)
- False bottom (collects water that passes through the substrate layer)
- Diagram of the layering order + care instructions
plants are not included (photo is example of what terrarium looks like when complete)
various accents (stones, gravel sand, moss..etc) available
* The terrarium mix is safe for plants and animals. Can be used safely for a "bioactive system".
No fertilisers or chemicals in this mix to accommodate for those who want to make it a bioactive system, so a vivarium with cleaning insects such as isopods etc.