Don't be alarmed by the Ficus Bejamina's droopy leaves! It's perfectly healthy, and the droopiness is why it received its name, the "Weeping" Fig. Interestingly, this Ficus is recognized as the "Official Tree of Bangkok. The Benjamina appears both delicate due to its slender branches and robust owing to its lush foliage.
- Does best with consistent bright indirect light
- Benefits from a few hours of the morning sun
- Avoid prolonged exposure to strong afternoon sun during peak summer months because the leaves will burn
- Prone to acclamation stress- avoid constantly moving spots if you can help it
- Medium-high humidity
- Water when 1/3 of the soil is dry
- Maintain with light pruning during or at the end of the growing season (to avoid a scraggly appearance)