Unlike the common phalaenopsis orchids, this orchid is not an epiphyte. Jewel Orchids are "terrestrial plants," meaning that they belong in the groud. These orchids boast a compact structure and stunning patterns.
- Typical requires moderate-high humidity (levels vary depending on the variety)
- Keep soil evenly moist/damp-not soggy. You can allow the first 1/3 of soil to dry between watering every few waterings.
- Medium to bright filtered light- can also tolerate short periods of lower light. No direct light
- Jewel Orchids are excellent plants for closed terrariums.
- When repotting, remember that jewels are a ground plant, so it does best in a pot that is shallow and wide
- The appropriate media is also paramount. We recommend Suburban Stems Terrarium Potting Mix.