Pilea Peperomioides originates in China, and it's commonly referred to as the Chinese Money Plant. This plant has flawlessly round and waxy leaves, and you will often see baby leaves emerging, referred to as "pups." You can gently dig these out to make baby pilea plants to share with friends and family!
- Allow the first 50-70 percent of the soil to dry between watering
- Droopy, soft leaves are commonly an indicator that this plant needs a drink
- It does best in medium-bright indirect light
- Keep out of the prolonged direct sun, as this will scorch the leaves
- Rotate often for even growth on both sides of the plant
- You may observe salt-like crystals on the underleaves- this is totally normal! These are the expulsion of mineral deposits.