This plant needs no introduction! Let us take a moment to admire this sought-after philodendron erubescens.
Light is the key to achieving those gorgeous pink leaves but not too much light...As much as we may desire a nearly pink plant, we need to be mindful that the pink portions cannot photosynthesize, so we must rely on the green leaves for this to happen, but too much green and the plant may no longer produce pink. It can be a balancing act!
Please don't fret; follow the care instructions below to ensure this royal can live its best life.
- Does best in CONSISTENT bright indirect light
- A few hours of morning sun can be beneficial but avoid exposure to direct light in the afternoons (foliage will scorch)
- Does well in moderate-high humidity
- Water when the first 1/3 of soil is dry -this plant hates wet feet.
- Ensure a well-draining soil ( a chunky mix is recommended)
- Ensure that there is a balance of pink/green leaves. If you observe excessive growth of either colour, you need to remove
Please note that every plant is unique, and variegation will vary amongst each plant.