The Ficus altissima is visually appealing and relatively low-maintenance indoor plant. The tree boasts glossy foliage, adorned with prominent veins, creating an eye-catching pattern. The coloration of the leaves is deep green, complemented by contrasting yellow veins, providing a vibrant appearance.
- Does best with consistent bright indirect light
- Benefits from a few hours of direct sun but avoid prolonged periods of direct sun during peak summer months since this can burn the leaves
- Rotate often to ensure even variegation and growth if foliage
- Allow the first 1/3-1/2 of the top soil to dry before watering. This plant hates wet feet!
- Do not maintain soggy soil as this will quickly lead to rot.
- Gently wipes the leaves once/week for glossy leaves and optimal photosynthesis.