This cactus originates from dry, desert-like habitats and fluctuating temperatures, making it a resilient and low-maintenance houseplant. This unique-looking plant exhibits long, cylindrical stems covered in prickly golden spines. When provided sufficient and consistent light, you may observe vibrant red/orange blooms from the tips of the stems.
- Does best with ample light- aim for consistent bright indirect light
- Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings, then give it a thorough drink.
- Avoid overwatering and ensure the pot has drainage holes to prevent waterlogged soil, which can quickly lead to root rot.
- During the winter months, reduce the watering frequency to mimic its dormant period.
- Requires a period of dormancy during the winter months to encourage blooming. During this time, you can keep the cactus in a cooler location with reduced light to simulate its natural winter conditions.
- Avoid using heavy potting soils or soils that retain too much moisture when repotting. Opt for a well-draining, gritty potting media.
Decorative pot is sold separately