This Scindapsus boasts reflective variegation, which occurs when air pockets form between the lower and upper layers of the leaf. Light reflects off these transparent air pockets, giving the leaves a sparkle! The "Exotica" displays a high degree of silver variegation and an intricate pattern that can be likened to a delicate filigree.
- Place this plant in an area that receives consistent bright, indirect light. A few hours of morning sun is beneficial, but avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight during peak summer months as this will scorch the leaves.
- Water when the first 1/3-1/2 of the soil is dry.
- Avoid keeping soggy soil as this can quickly lead to root rot
- Appreciates moderate humidity
- Avoid allowing water to pool on the velvety leaves, as this can result in fungal issues.
- You can prune to maintain a lusher appearance if it's getting leggy or during the growing season.