The leaves of the "Kangaroo Paw" are glossy and leathery, a feature not commonly seen in ferns. It receives its name from its lengthy foliage- referencing the long feet of kangaroos. This plant is native to Australia and New Zealand. Like most ferns, it grows wide and full, rather than tall. Its long leaves look beautiful suspended from the hanging basket.
- Allow rhizomes to hang over the side of the pot. Do not bury into the soil
- Flexible in terms of light requirement, but no direct sun
- Does well in a warm and medium-high humidity setting
- Keep the soil moist but not soaked
- Prune often to maintain the desired shape